Tuesday, January 18, 2022

 

A few days with a ghost

 


Chapter 9

 oriental love 

While Stella was lying next to me , a fragrance attracted me towards her. It is believed that female deer spreads a fragrance to attract its mate. For a while I thought we were Adam and Eve and we were the only living creatures in the earth. I heard voice of  God ‘ Don’t eat the forbidden fruit’. Then another voice I heard  ‘ eat the fruit and enjoy its sweetness’. Thus we were punished by the God and were pushed to the earth. Though we were punished for eating the forbidden fruit , we enjoyed eating it again and again.  

 I was wondering what would be the cast, religion of my child if it is born. 

‘hai, what are you thinking? about your ghost lover? she said.

“It would be a national integration if I had married a girl of another state other than of my state. If I had married a girl of another cast or religion I will call it  integration of cast or religion. At any cost both would have drawn criticism both from my family and society” . I was wondering 

 There are only two categories of people who are capable of making money in India effortlessly on is politicians and the other is cine actors. Both the categories have one in common dynasty. son or becomes actor or politician. Even the best scientist either in ISRO or BARC will be hardly getting recognition whereas a cine actor will be getting popularity and awards from the Government. a paradigm shift or paradox.

 ‘ I was thinking about international integration'.

‘what ?’

‘I was just wondering how it would be if a child is born to us, an extraordinary union of two  beyond cast , religion and nation.

’The child could take its own nationality, religion or cast’ she was very clear. No confusion or  disorientation.

‘If every one in India opts for that there won’t be any cast clash,religion hatred and a new country would be born where people could stay without religious or cast prejudices.’

‘Are you dreaming to build up your nation at my cost’

‘Such is the case ask  all your friends to go around the world and produce as many children as they could and bring them to India so that the young generation will not have any cast or creed'

‘don’t be so hard’ she cried.

‘Are you raping me, or making love’

‘Is not raping an offence in your country’

I fell silent  for a while as I could not answer her immediately.

‘If I tell her that so many rapes happen in India and the law enforcing agencies and politicians blame the dress habits of the girls, and  leave the victims only to suffer, what she would think about my country?’ I thought.

‘ya yes, but honour killing is not a crime’

‘what do you mean?’

‘If we were in India we could have been killed and they would have named it as honour killing’.

‘ I don’t get it’ she said.

‘In India, certain cast or religion do not accept inter cast or inter religion lovers and they may even go to the extent of killing the lovers for the sake of religion or cast’.

‘oh! I am scared’ she cried.

I dreamt of  changing my country which will never happen.

That is why knowledgeable persons say “you want to change this country ? hei, think of your future and go out somewhere and look for your living rather than making some futile exercise”.

Seeing me engrossed in thought, she hummed a song.

‘spanish’ I asked.

she nodded.

‘liked’

‘ya,nice music’

‘did you understand’

I nodded my head, in a typical Malayalee style who never admits ignorance.

‘ what is it’

I smiled at her sheepishly’

‘ it is about butterfly , which flies aimlessly with its beautiful wings and perishes . but in its  short life it adds beauty to the nature’. Her Spanish breed made her more beautiful

She lied on my right side resting her head on my right shoulder like a child.

I watched her for some time before drifting to sleep.

 

A few days with a ghost.                          Adv. Janardhanan venkiachalam

                                                                                                        continues

No comments:

Post a Comment