Friday, January 7, 2022

 

Chapter 2

meeting the ghost

 I touched my ear and pinched. Am I awake or was  it an illusion ?    Again the murmuring, mufling . It was close to my ear. I waved my hand , nothing touched my hand. I continued to walk thinking it might be my imagination. Now it had become more clearer. Yes, it was  in malayalam, my own language. 

“Rajesh” I heard

No one knows me as Rajesh ,here. I am R.V. Menon  from Calicut.

"Who is it ?” I asked loudly as if to cover up my fear. 

“Hai, nothing “

I don’t believe in ghosts. Still a fear . How my name was called in the wee hours of night in a strange place? I wondered.

I dismissed my thoughts and tried to focus my attention on my walk.

I looked around and saw no one nearby on the road. One or two cars passed by. I speeded up and decided to go back to my place.

That night passed off with out any special happenings. Next day morning I shared my experience with my friend. She laughed at it and told me to be careful since now beautiful ghosts were behind me as I was a bachelor and advised me to get married fast.

Next day morning I started my routine and it was an hectic day for me. One accident was reported and `I had to rush to the spot.

“This is R.K Menon  from CNN, There are no survivors and every one got trapped ………”

My voice choked. “What happened ?" my colleague quivered"

“Are you still under the influence of beauty ghost?”

I kept mum. Yes It has some effect in me. Always the thought lingered in my mind.

In the night I felt a little sleepy earlier than my usual time. I grabbed some thing to eat and retired to my bed room. 

In the mid of night I suddenly got up on hearing the same muffling sound.

Did I see any shadow?. I was not sure. Could  it be a white shadowy figure as we see in English movies. The shadowy figure would lead you to some other lonely place or Fort. Will this also lead me like that?

No, the shadowy figure was murmuring some thing.

I gathered some courage and got up in the bed and straight away shouted. 

Still my voice  was only murmuring. “who is it “ I asked in my native language Malayalam.

There was some movement of the shadow.

In a mild voice I heard.

“It is me, Geetha shiny”

“ Who?” I slowly came out of my initial fear. 

Any way it is a friendly ghost. i decided . I have seen people speaking to trees, plants and animals , then why can’t i speak to an invisible thing, I thought, I should not call it and treat it as inanimate object. I decided to become friendly , only thing I should not fall in love with the ghost if at any point of time she became visible.

“ Interesting , tell me , what do you want?”

“ I don’t believe in ghosts because I felt that there is no existence of a person in any form   

once the person dies” I said.

“ But I am dead , still I am here in front of you”

“When did you die?”

“ It doesn’t matter, When I died I was young and beautiful” She replied in malayalam.

'It is quite interesting, now I have some one to speak in my language , that too in Germany,

where the people do not speak nothing but German” I thought.

“So, now you are old”

............................................................................................................................

A few days with a ghost.                          

  Adv. Janardhanan venkiachalam                                                                 continues







2 comments:

  1. Yeah, narration is getting spicy and interesting !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your observation. Your are absolutely correct . Just I tried to give an overall view how culture goes corrupted initially

      Delete